How to download Ad-Aware
Ad-Aware is a security program developed by LAVASOFT and is probably one of the biggest and oldest programs to remove spyware, adware, viruses and other harmful stuff from your computer. They launched back in 1999 which means they have more than 10 years experience in the industry. You can read more about Ad-Aware from Wikipedia:
This small article will explain how to download Ad-Aware for free, which is quite simple, let’s get started
- First we need to download the setup file, click here: http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php
- Click the green “Download” button as displayed below.
- Click the grey “Download” button in the end of the table.
- A popup might appear asking if you wan’t to download the paid version, click the grey “No thanks, I want Ad-Aware Free” button”. You can also choose to download the Premium/PRO version, which comes with a lot of extra features and security, up to you to decide.
- A new page will appear after you click the one of them two buttons (as displayed above). Wait 5 seconds and the setup will will start to download (automatically). You might have to choose “Open” or “Save As”, depending on your Browser. They will both work, we recommend to click “Open” though, since it will start the installation as soon the download has completed (automatically).
- Open the installation file when it’s done downloading.
- Select language from the menu and click “OK”. Choose “English” if your local language is not listed.
- Accept the terms and click the “Install” button to start the installation.
- IMPORTANT: Your Windows might ask if you want to allow LAVASOFT to install software (Ad-aware) on your computer, accept/approve/allow.
- Type your personal information as displayed below OR un-check the “Receive security news and special offers; Enter your name and email address below” option (as displayed below). If you type your name and email, then you will receive emails with offers and stuff like that.
- The program will start to update as soon the installation has completed, go drink some coffee while the update is running (10 minutes or more)
- IMPORTANT: If you downloaded the free version, then click the “Close” button as displayed below. If you decided to pay for a Premium/PRO version of Ad-Aware, then type the Serial Number and click the “Register” button as displayed below.
- That’s it, Ad-Aware has been downloaded and installed on your computer, enjoy
Categorised as: Software